Friday 21 December 2012

1600 (Race) Quilt

A while ago I decided that I wanted to make a quilt for BBB. The idea was that I would post it to him while he was in Canada. Something to remind him of me while he was away.
I bought a set of 2½" strips of fabric with a snow theme and decided to make a race quilt with it.
So I google it, watched videos on how to make one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bEJLnaZQOU
and thought this would be a quick & easy quilt to make.
So yesterday I started - sewing all my ends together.
As I am new to this & don't have much confidence, I pinned each strip & drew my 45 deg line to join the strips.
This morning I careful trimmed all the joins & ironed them apart.

I checked my bobbin & with some trepidation began my first seam.
I was trying to finish the seam within the hour as BBB was picking me up & I didn't want him seeing it.
As I neared the end, for some reason I looked at what I had sewn closely & realised that I had sewn it incorrectly. I had placed both right-sides on top of each other instead of facing each other.

So tomorrow I begin the very arduous task of undoing all the sewing I have done.
This is not going to be a quick & easy quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment